Content delivery networks or CRN rapidly provide web content through duplication of content on multiple servers. These networks are used by internet service providers in order to deliver static web pages that are suitable to stream videos, audios, and internet television programming. With the rise in the use of internet growth in the deployment of online content and extended use of multimedia and advanced solutions like internet television or IPTV are driving the global market. Cost effectiveness, changing technology, and rising demand are some of the major drivers for the industry. Along with the developed countries, emerging markets are also driving the industry in terms of demand and revenue.
Segmentation in CDN Market
The global content delivery networks market is segment is divided on the basis of the types, solutions, services, service providers, size of the organizations, and deployment across various industrial verticals and geographic regions. Following are the details of the sub-segmentation within the market:
- Types: Video and non-video content delivery networks
- Solutions: Analytics and monitoring, delivery, transparent caching, encoding, digital right management, video indexing, video content management systems, online video solutions, etc.
- Service Providers: Free, peer-to-peer (P2P), telco and traditional commercial content delivery network
- Verticals: SMBs and large organization in advertising, media, entertainment, mobile operators, ecommerce, higher education, gaming, consumer electronics, ISP, government, healthcare, etc.
- Geography: Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa
Trends in CDN Market
As explained, rising demand within the internet market is a strong driver for the growth in the global content delivery networks market. Expansion of the virtual entertainment segment is a vital element in the overall growth of the industry in terms of adoption, applications, revenue and global presence. Many ISPs are replacing their tradition services with the advanced ones to avoid bottlenecks, congestions, and costly devices. Growth in the demand and deployment of online content, internet usage, over-the-top and video content, multimedia, smartphones, and so on are also strong drivers.
Delivery of great quality of service offered by content delivery networks is also a major driver for the market. Fast delivery of web pages and video content at affordable costs is also a driver for the CDN industry. According to the market research reports, the global market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 38% to reach $12.16 billion by 2019. As of 2014, the market is expected to be worth $3.71 billion. North America is dominating the global market. In terms of developing markets, Asia Pacific is expected to make rapid growth during the forecasting period.