Datacenters store computer systems, storage systems and telecommunication components for redundant power backup, environmental controls and data communication solutions. Considering the vital elements that these systems house; data center security is the prime concern for the businesses across the globe. Advanced security risks like sophisticated worms, spyware, viruses and unauthorized programs accessing over the virtualized as well as physical centers. This is the strongest reason data center security market is growing at its current pace. Constant advancements in technology and rapid penetration of information technology are some other reasons why the industry is making swift progress worldwide.
Segmentation in Data Center Security Industry
Basic segmentation in global market is based on various vital components, as follows:
- Logical Security Solutions and Services: Threat and application security solutions, data protection solutions, access control and compliance management and data center security services
- Physical Security Solutions and Services: Analysis and modeling, video surveillance, access control and monitoring solutions
- Data Center Facility Size: Portable/modular, large, small, medium and mega datacenters
- Environments: Colocation environment and cloud provider environment
- Businesses: BFSI, healthcare, life sciences, telecommunication and information technology, public sector, government and utilities and other business verticals
- Geography: Latin America, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa
Market Trends and Forecasting
As mentioned above, data center security market is strongly driven by rising demand for security and protection for virtual data and physical datacenters. Rising threats of spyware and malware attacks, virus and worms of different kinds have increased vulnerability of these information centers. This threat is not only driving the demand in the global market but is also encouraging the existing businesses to develop advanced solutions to protect this increasing data. Swift growth in the global information technology sector is also a strong driver for the potential demand for the industry. Basic aim for the businesses venturing in the industry is to provide multilayer security for the networks as well as servers, which strengthen the datacenter infrastructure and end-to-end management.
According to the latest market research reports, data center security market is poised to witness healthy growth at an estimated CAGR of over 16% during the period of next five years. After 2013, the industry is anticipated to grow from $6.46 billion in 2013 and become worth more tha $13.77 billion by the end of 2018. During the forecasting period, developed regions like North America and Europe are expected to dominate the global industry. However, developing regions like Asia Pacific and Middle East also have strong business potential.