Technological boom in the broadband technology has provided great business opportunities in various business verticals across the globe. Constant upgradations and advancements in broadband have made it massively popular within mere 20 years of its launch in the 80’s. Constant evolution in the technology and increasing demand is boosting growth and opportunities in wireless broadband market on global platform. Wireless technology and its various forms are getting popular with each passing day, which is a great sign for the global industry. Crucial applications including public safety, utilities and logistics have created better opportunities for business and prosperity in for the organization in this industry.
In order to understand the current future trends of the industry, researchers need to understand the basic segmentation in the industry. Research report for broadband market is based on the in-depth analysis of the global market. The industry is segmented on the basis of the types of network technologies, devices, services, broadband and public safety applications and demand pattern across various geographical locations. Following are the details about the sub-segmentation:
- Network Technologies: Wi-Fi, WiMAX, LTE, microwave links, satellite communication and free space optics technologies
- Services: Consulting, network deployment, project management, design and integration and operations and maintenance
- Devices: Workstations, radios, handheld mobile computers, notebooks, speaker microphones and other devices
- Geography: North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia pacific including Japan
- Public Safety Applications: Incident scene management, video surveillance, personnel safety, location safety, emergency medical telemetry, GIS, automated vehicle locating, mobile VPN access, document and material management and workforce collaborations
As far as broadband market is concerned, developments within next four to five years are cited to be crucial for the future growth of the industry. Detailed analysis of the said segments in the market explains that the global industry is poised to grow at a steady rate. This is a good sign for the wireless broadband industry, which is spreading its wings across emerging markets and rapidly developing countries from different geographical regions of the world. Based on the market research reports, broadband market is expected to grow at a steady rate of 9.3% from 2015 to 2020. At this rate, the market is expected to become worth $22.3 billion in 2015. As per the expected compound annual growth rate, the market is poised to become worth $34.7 billion by the end of 2020.